Academic coaching helps students develop good habits, personal motivation and problem solving skills to thrive in school and at home.
Students work 1 to 1 with a trained academic life coach and really get to explore themselves, their learning styles and how to implement systems into their days to reach their goals.
These sessions are tailor made to specific situations the student is currently facing. Thus, they see immediate improvements in their daily lives and in turn, are motivated to continue being good students.
Academic coaching has been proven to see improved grades and better mental and emotional wellbeing in students.
How can it help students?
As they work through the sessions identifying their strengths and weakness and how best to work with their individual personalities, students see:
- Reduce in stress
- Improved grades
- Personal motivation
- Better time management
- Increased focus
- More self awareness
- Improved relationships with parents, peers and teachers
- Learn essential skills that lead to effective, fulfilled lives
How does a session work?
- Sessions are 1 hour long
- Sessions can either be in person, over the phone or video call
- If in person, coaches typically will meet clients at a coffee shop
- After each session, the coach will follow up with a short email describing the session notes and what was covered in the session ( this is the general outcome of the session and the action steps agreed upon, NOT personal details of the client)