Terms & Conditions
By enrolling into programs offered through PrepWorks Sdn. Bhd. and any of its related companies or subsidiaries (collectively referred to as "PrepWorks"), the applicant and parent acknowledge and agree to our Terms and Conditions as specified below:
- PrepWorks reserves the right to discontinue a student's enrollment at any time due to non-payment of tuition in part or in full, disruptive behavior in the tutorial.
- Enrollment will be on a first come first served basis. PrepWorks reserves the right to release students’ tutoring weekly slot if payment is not received in full by the indicated due date.
- PrepWorks reserves the right to change the class instructor for courses or individual private lessons as deemed appropriate or necessary. PrepWorks is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- Students must settle all tutoring fees before indicated due date on invoice for the month. PrepWorks reserves the right to discontinue tutoring services if student has not settled the course fee.
- All tutoring payments are non-refundable once the student’s tutoring slot has been confirmed.
- Late payments received after the indicated due date will be subject to a penalty fee. This applies to all tutoring, academic and enrichment programs.
- Penalty fee arrangements will be as follow and will be strictly adhered to:
- 5% penalty charge will apply on outstanding fees after one month of due date
- 10% penalty charge will apply on outstanding fees after three months of due date
- 15% penalty charge will apply on outstanding fees after six months of due date
- PrepWorks offers make-up tutoring sessions for tutoring sessions missed at a date agreed with the tutor within the following month. If a date cannot be agreed upon, a refund in the form of credit in the following invoice can be done. In the event of tutor absence, PrepWorks will notify the student of any tutor substitution or tuition rescheduling.
- For Semi-Private/Private Lessons:
- It is the parent’s/student’s responsibility to inform PrepWorks (by phone or e-mail) before the start of the lesson in the event of absence due to illness. Other than sick leave with a doctor’s note, we require at least 48 hours advance notice for absence and will not accommodate rescheduling or make- up lesson request for notification given less than 48 hours prior to the lesson or after lesson.
- Missed lesson(s) by the student are non-refundable and non-transferable if notification is later than the 48 hours advance notice period. It is the parent’s/student’s responsibility to contact PrepWorks and/or the respective tutor to schedule lessons and notify PrepWorks and/or the respective tutor of any rescheduling.
- ￼In the event of tutor absence, the tutor will notify parent/student of lesson rescheduling or PrepWorks will notify parent/student as soon as PrepWorks is notified by the tutor. Other than rescheduling lesson due to illness, the tutor will provide 48 hours’ notice or will reschedule lesson. If lesson cannot be rescheduled, the missed lesson will not be charged or refunded as credit in the following month's invoice.
- To withdraw from any course or private lesson, it is the parent/student’s responsibility to provide PrepWorks with at least one month’s prior notice in writing (e-mail, fax or letter). For withdrawals without proper notification, parents/students are liable for the following month’s tutoring fees.
- In case of school closure prior to the commencement of a course, we will refund in full the outstanding tutoring fee collected to the parent/student immediately.
- There is no refund for tutoring confirmed by PrepWorks. However, in the event that a confirmed tutoring session needs to be cancelled by PrepWorks and the student declines the revised arrangements offered by PrepWorks, we will refund in full or on a pro-rata basis the tutoring fees collected as soon as possible and in any event no later than one month after the notification date of the tutoring cancellation.
- We will inform the parent/student of refund arrangements either by phone or in writing (e-mail,fax or letter).
- We will refund tutoring fee payments to the student in accordance to the above policies.
- Parents/students agree not to reproduce, distribute or show to any other person, in whole or in part, any of the class materials, lesson notes, assessments and tests distributed by PrepWorks without the prior written consent of PrepWorks.
- Parents/students are not permitted to solicit or make private arrangements for tuition with instructors/tutors employed by PrepWorks. In such cases, all services from PrepWorks can be withdrawn from the student with immediate effect with no refund of any outstanding, and the tutor will be at risk of losing their contract with PrepWorks.
- Photographs and videos may be taken occasionally during the tutoring time. Students and participants agree to be photographed or taped. PrepWorks reserves all rights to images and footages.
- PrepWorks reserves the right to use the applicant/student’s work for promotional or educational purposes.
- Parents are responsible to arrange appropriate transportation or pick-up for students to and from PrepWorks premises. PrepWorks does not require students to sign-out or notify us when they are leaving the premises.
- PrepWorks will not be held responsible for personal injuries, accidents, losses and damages incurred by the student while at home or PrepWorks' premises.